Monday, June 15, 2015

Wired in and in Step!


So - my desk job is a killer - I was sitting far to much in a day.
I requested the Fit Bit Flex for my birthday - and now I am addicted.
I love that it calls me to the carpet when I check in on my phone ap and see just a few steps - I am now rethinking my day.
I used to work all day, come home - hop on the treadmill and hate it because I had to walk for so long to reach my goal and my legs would ache and I would be bored.
After all, I am a high energy ADD gal.
But recently, I have rethought my plan of action. I no longer sit and watch TV, I watch Netflix on my Kindle. I earn the right to do this by walking on the treadmill - and I am killing the 10K a day with the Fit Bit!
I am counting calories on My Fitness Pal and stepping my weight off. Its working and I am enjoying it.
I also don't do it all at once, like I once did which left me irritated, sore and burned out.
. I hop on in the morning for 20 minutes, while I check my phone messages, text etc for work, at lunch I come home, grab a light lunch, load up Netflix and walk away another 20 to 30 minutes.
Then come home and hit it one last time.
I am finally enjoying it.
I also am very competitive - so I join competitions on the Fit Bit and then think of how to add more steps to my day. Park farther away when running errands, walk an extra 5 or 10 minutes on the treadmill - etc. It has me off the couch and on my feet and walking because I want t get ahead f some one else - or maybe another is catching up to me.
THIS is my gig. The device that I enjoy. I have made it a game, something that is part of my daily routine and a tool to earn the right to watch and catch up on my shows.
I am addicted!
For my oldest, her motivation is Zumba Classes- for Another swimming and biking, one of my gal pals loves Cross fit and recently a friend has found hiking their love.
What ever it is - find it and do it. It WILL be hard at first but over time - it works!
Be Motivated!

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Karen! So inspiring!!! A Fit Bit I hope will one day be in my future too, they look like they are an awesome tool. I'm so proud of you!!! Keep up the food fight, you will win it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gael - I love the feeling f feeling better. It matters and I am hitting the point of no return, what I do today does dictate my future me. I want to be an agile, capable old lady one day - so I am training for it!

      Delete