Sunday, May 17, 2015

Catching the Moment


So - I am being called to the carpet. I am ADHD about my eating habits and it is funny how I get called back to the carpet time and time again. (Thank you God for not giving up on me as often as I do myself) So I had slid off my eating pattern again - letting tiny excuses running loose in my head.
Well one of my jobs is to collect information from nutritionists, doctors, fitness and food gurus etc..and lately I have thought to myself, I have enough information in my head and within my power to excel at one of these positions and yet here I am years down the road, still over weight with a pocketful of health issues (less than before) and excuses.
My internal voice said "Karen - Do you want to be an inspiration or do you want to be a statistic?" Hello! Well?
As I thought to myself - 'no kidding, it is time to wake up' - I began to wonder if I have the power within me to go completely clean eating. As I engaged in this dialogue I opened the Strawberry Festival page to find me, stuffing a nacho in between my lips, on camera - front and center.
At first I was furious with the photographer. What?! Why?! Then I realized I have no one to blame but myself. I cannot hide the fact that I had chosen wrong. So I owned it. And I now am the sole owner of my what, ifs, buts, and wonder..and am owning full blame. Each and every day counts,

So this horrifying bad picture of me stuffing a nacho between my lips is going to go up on my blog, and I am going to make it my aha! moment.
I am using it as my first stepping stone down a path of determination, a no-short-cut-no-excuses path!


No comments:

Post a Comment